open submissions process
Our ambition is to create a consistently high standard of new British musical theatre that reflects and connects with today’s diverse and contemporary Britain. We predominantly aim to work with artists whose work is relevant, challenging and innovative and whose musicals could break boundaries and help us develop an audience’s perception of what the musical theatre artform can be.
The submissions window is currently closed.
We open submissions every other quarter.
The next open period will be from April 1st to June 30th.
- READ THROUGH THE CRITERIA BELOW TO ENSURE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT YOUR MUSICAL
- The show should feel contemporary and connect non-exclusively with young, diverse audiences.
- The show should be a work-in-progress in very early stages, no previous full productions and not yet production ready.
- The writing team should be full-time UK residents.
- The music must be original (not juke-box or pre-existing music).
- SUBMIT YOUR SHOW USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED AND FOLLOW THE EMAIL GUIDELINES BELOW
We are aiming to make the submission process as administratively simple as possible for writers and at present we are not asking for any specific forms to be completed but we request all writers strictly follow the email guidelines found further down this page.
- CHECK YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN AUTO-RESPONSEOnce you have submitted your work you will hear back from us immediately with an auto-response if your email has reached us successfully. It can then take a number of weeks for us to read / listen to your work once the show has been accepted into the submission process, depending how many musicals we are currently assessing at that time. We do respond to EVERY submission.
How to submit via email
We are aiming to make the submission process as administratively simple as possible for writers but we request all writers adhere to the following email guidelines when submitting their work.
Please ensure your email includes the following:
- The full names and roles (i.e. composer / script writer) of all writers and other creatives currently or previously involved.
- *Optional* Additional details to give us more insight to the writing team e.g. age, ethnicity, gender, occupation, town / city of residence, ambitions as a writer, previous writing credentials etc...
- The working title of the musical you are submitting.
- A very short blurb (1 paragraph) about your show. The paragraph you may find on the back of a promotional leaflet.
- Either a minimum of 2 songs from the show you are submitting OR if you have not yet written and recorded any music please send links to songs you have previously written. The songs must include both a recorded vocal and accompaniment. They do not need to be professional recordings. A composer singing to their own piano accompaniment into their phone is fine.
- At least 1 scene of dialogue if the show is not sung-through.
- E-MAILS MUST NOT EXCEED 8MB. We recommend music is submitted via a weblink to a website, or a link to dropbox, soundcloud, YouTube etc. We particularly welcome links to dropbox folders.
- As long as the minimum requirements above are met and the email does not exceed 8MB we are happy to receive as much or as little of your show as you choose to submit. We are also happy to receive any further information about yourselves and/or the development of the musical so far that you think may be of interest to us.
After reading through all the above please submit your show to email@example.com using the link below: